Verjooz Thyme Bars
VERJOOZ THYME BARS
Try the Original “Lime of the Vine”
Write a review
- 1 stick unsalted butter*
- 1 cup AP flour
- 2 T chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 T Verjooz
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- *for a special twist substitute 2 oz FL Grapeseed Oil for 1/2 the butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Butter and flour an 8x8 glass baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine flour, thyme and salt.
- Using a stand mixer, beat together the butter and powdered sugar on high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in the Verjooz and vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low and slowly add flour mixture.
- Using damp fingers press the dough into the prepared pan. Bake 30 minutes. Cool 30 minutes.
- Make Glaze: whisk 2 T Verjooz with 1/2 cup powdered sugar until smooth. Pour over cooled crust.
- Allow to harden at room temperature for at least one hour.