Red Pepper Jelly
Red Pepper Jelly with VERJOOZ
Write a review
- About 1 large red bell pepper and 1/2 large green bell pepper, cleaned of core and inner membranes
- 3 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup verjuice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 3-ounce pouch Certo liquid pectin
- Finely chop peppers.
- In a large pot, combine peppers with sugar, verjuice, vinegar and pepper flakes
- (jelly will foam up high while cooking).
- Bring to a boil, stirring, until sugar is dissolved. Add the liquid pectin.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat for about 12 minutes or longer until jelly registers 220 degrees on an instant-read or candy thermometer.
- (Stir jelly before checking temperature to make sure the entire batch is evenly cooked to 220 degrees.)
- Carefully pour hot jelly into a flat baking dish and let cool in the refrigerator until jelly is firm.
- Stir jelly so pepper flakes are evenly distributed.
- Refrigerate in sterilized jars for up to 3 months.